The Academïcs Group
What We Do
A boutique and specialty world of
Coffee | Tea | Design | Education | Technology | Lifestyle | Retail and our own charitable foundation - TCA Connect Foundation.
Building a tasteful, passionate and conscientious ecosystem one step at a time.
(+852) 5508 8735
2/F, AMBER COMMERCIAL BUILDING,
70-74 MORRISON HILL ROAD, Wan Chai, HONG KONG
A well-established entrepreneur, Jennifer W. F. Liu is the brainchild and founder of The Academïcs Group, a global lifestyle brand encompassing the boutique and specialty world of coffee, tea, design, technology, education, lifestyle, and retail, spanning across Hong Kong, Southeast Asia, East Asia & the Middle East.
A globe trotter with a deep commitment to bringing all cultures, lifestyles, and new ideas through specialty coffee and the arts, Jennifer fused her wealth of experience into her sprawling ventures. Jennifer began her startup life with PP.com, a tech company that facilitated the property sectors as a platform that was invested by PCCW Ventures and was later acquired by a NASDAQ property company in the US. What came next was her vast F&B curations drawn from diverse inspirations in arts, travels, and technology. From boutique neighborhood cafe brand HABITŪ to what is now Hong Kong’s largest specialty coffee chain The Coffee Academïcs, to the latest boutique health-driven concepts The Tea Academics and 14 South Lane; each brand yields successful homegrown creations evolved organically through Jennifer’s creative and charismatic leadership. Today, Jennifer has turned the success of The Coffee Academïcs into the global lifestyle empire that is The Academïcs Group.
Awards & Recognition
- Forbes Asia's Power Businesswoman 2019
- "CEO of the Year" in 2007 and 2014 by Capital Magazine
- Hong Kong Monetary Authority's "Award for Marketing Excellence 2009"
- CUHK and Ming Pao Prestigious Corporate Brand Award 2011
- South China Morning Post's "25 Women of our Time 2012"
- "40 Under 40" in Perspective Magazine 2012
- CEO Magazine Best Hospitality Group of Hong Kong 2013
- Capital Magazine's "Most Outstanding Hotel Group 2013"
- City Magazine's "18 Notable Women in Social Business 2014"
- "Piaget Award for Excellence of Entrepreneurship" in 2015
- "Most Outstanding Women of Hong Kong" by Women Development Association in 2016
- Gafencu Magazine's "Hospitality Most Excellent Award" in 2016
- Jessica Magazine's "Most Successful Women 2017"
- Top 50 Innovative Retail Leader in Hong Kong by Inside Retail in 2018
- Top 101 on Hong Kong Tatler's 500 List for 2019
- GBA Outstanding Women Entrepreneur Awards 2019
A passionate social advocate, Jennifer actively serves in various important public service positions and NGO foundations. This includes being a co-convener of NarrativeHK (2012), an NGO to explore Hong Kong’s common visions where over 5000 beneficiaries from the underprivileged sector gained from its initiatives and is on the Environmental Campaign Committee of HKSAR (2012).
Notably, Jennifer expands her contribution to social development with her personal foundation; the JWF Charitable Foundation (2012), an NGO aiming to support Hong Kong’s under-privileged children in the developments of the arts, innovation and creativity. Jennifer also founded TCA Connect Foundation under The Academïcs Group, a global community outreach initiative that leverages the Group's vast ecosystem to discuss and endeavor to solve pressing global issues of our day: topics range from direct trade to the plant-based food trend, from best practices in zero-waste to larger sustainability trends, from technology to minority empowerment.
As an artist and a strong patron of the arts, Jennifer is a member of the Standing Committee of Business for Social Good – a platform to connect business success with social progress organized by Our Hong Kong Foundation; an Advisor of Our Hong Kong Foundation （團結香港基金）; a Member of All-China Women’s Federation (全國婦聯）and a Member of All-China Federation of Industry & Commerce in 2014- 2016. （全國工商聯). Jennifer is a Trustee at the Design Trust and became a board member of Academy of Performing Arts SAPA and Po Leung Kuk. She is also on the board as a Director at her grandfather's school, Liu Po Shan Memorial College.